It’s True! The Friends Reunion Is Happening In February!
The moment we’ve all been waiting for is finally here! The Friends cast is reuniting this February and I think I’m going to cry out of sheer happiness! The last season of Friends aired on May 6, 2004 in the US and if you’re as big a fan as I am, you’ve watched all those supposed movie trailers knowing fully well that they’re fake, and read all of the cast’s interviews post the finale of the show.
After years of waiting for this miracle, Monica, Chandler, Joey, Ross, Rachel, and Phoebe are coming together this February for a Friends reunion…yes, I’m serious. I can assure you that I’ve done my research on this one! This gang is reuniting for a two-hour special to honour director James Burrows, who completed a milestone of 1,000 TV episodes. Isn’t that smashing? The only sad thing here is nobody is sure if they’ll all be making an appearance together. All those dreams of watching them in their fancy Bedford Street apartment or sipping coffee at Central Perk are shattered. Or maybe not. We’ll have to wait and see!
While the wait for that show — which will air on February 12 on NBC — is going to kill us all a little, here’s a little something I’ve put together for you. Here’s everything that Friends taught us about friendship over a span of 10 seasons. Enjoy!
1. They taught us that friends fight over the stupidest of things. And it’s no big deal.
2. You don’t give up on your friends, no matter how embarrassing they are. You’ll laugh at them just as much as you laugh with them. But you WILL NOT stand someone else making fun of them.
3. You can talk to each other about anything under the sun. Be it dinosaurs, your embarrassing prom night or that walk of shame post a debauched night; when it comes to pouring your heart out to your gang, there’ll be no hesitation whatsoever.
4. No matter how hard you try, you can’t keep secrets from your best buds. They can tell you’re hiding something without you even blurting it out.
5. You know you can’t stay mad at your BFF for too long. There’s always something important that you’ll remember to tell them, especially when you’re not talking to them!
6. You know how to bring each other on the right track regardless of the drama thrown your way. You help them pull themselves together.
7. You can propose the craziest things to your besties without being judged. In fact, they’ll probably even join you in your madness. And who gives a damn what anyone else thinks?
8. You know how to cover up for your best friend. From panic calls from their parents to lying to their exes, you’ve got their back.
9. You’re always there for each other. No matter how much you think you want to be by yourself, you know they’ll find you and help you fix yourself… sometimes by just being around.
10. It’s not so bad to fall in love with your best friend. You’ve known each other for most of your lives, and there isn’t a better person you’d want to be with.
And this is me when I found out that these 6 mad caps were coming together again. #NuffSaid.
GIFs Courtesy: Giphy