On Madhuri Dixit’s Birthday, Here Are Five Songs That Are Perfect For Quarantine
We’ve danced to her songs, sung along to the lyrics, and fallen in love with the characters she’s played. If nothing else, we’ve at least tried to copy the hairstyles and clothes that she pulls off so effortlessly. It’s Madhuri Dixit’s birthday! We’re all set to binge watch her classic films like Hum Aapke Hain Koun and Dil To Pagal Hai. She is, after all, an icon who influenced an entire generation. There is no one as graceful as her, and when she dances, the whole world stops to stare. Since we’re stuck at home, let’s celebrate her special day with five songs that perfectly summarise our thoughts during quarantine.
1. Maar Dala: This beautiful song from Devdas became super popular as one of Madhuri’s best dance performances. But right now, we’re feeling it on a spiritual level. It wouldn’t be an exaggeration if we thought of this song every time the lockdown got extended. Into lockdown 4.0, we go with a heavy heart.
2. Dhak Dhak Karne Laga: This Madhuri Dixit and Anil Kapoor song describes exactly how we feel every time we turn on the news channel. With so much bad news around, how can we ask our beating hearts to be still? But we can’t help but feel guilty if we ignore everything happening around us. It’s a constant battle between keeping ourselves informed and keeping ourselves sane.
3. Tabaah Ho Gaye: This sad and haunting track from Kalank is suddenly seeming all too familiar. Can’t leave the house, but can’t stand to be home anymore. After watching everything on Netflix, reading every book at home, and trying every single recipe on the internet, what else is left to do now? Not to be dramatic, but the sad Bollywood songs I once thought were too extra are now making a little too much sense.
4. Chocolate Lime Juice: We know this as one of Madhuri’s sweetest, most adorable songs. She looks like an absolute angel in Hum Aapke Hain Koun. But who would have thought that one day, this song would take on a completely different meaning? We’ve all been left deprived of chocolates, ice creams, and all our favourite fast food. The cravings have become unbearable. But for now, food videos on Instagram will have to do.
5. Mera Piya Ghar Aaya: Enough of the sad songs, now! Quarantine hasn’t been all that bad – in fact, it’s had some perks as well. We suddenly have all the time in the world to do the things we were once too busy for. No more early mornings and travelling to work in the heat. But most of all, we now get to spend time with our family. Busy parents are home bound, and working partners haven’t seen the office in weeks. However small, it is a silver lining indeed.
We wish Madhuri Dixit a very happy birthday, and hope she’s having the great day!