Breakfast Recipe: These Buttermilk Pancakes Are Sunday Done Right!
With our busy schedules, we’re lucky if we get to grab a cup of coffee and a cold sandwich before we head to work every morning. But that’s what weekends are for… leisurely breakfasts with family, or roomies if you will. Sleep in longer, wake up later, and then rustle up a delish breakfast. We’ve been dreaming of pancakes this weekend, and are all set to try out a brand new breakfast recipe.
We got one of our favourite restaurants in the city, Plate & Pint in Kemps Corner to share with us their best-kept Buttermilk Pancakes recipe. Ready to give it a go?
Here are a few things you will need:
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1 3/4 cups buttermilk
- 1 cap vanilla essence
Here are the steps to follow:
- Whisk flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, and baking soda in a large bowl.
- Beat eggs, buttermilk, vanilla, and 3 tbsp melted butter in a medium bowl.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients.
- Heat a large non-stick pan over medium; brush with butter and drop a ladle full of batter.
- Cook until bubbles form on the surface and the underside is golden brown.
- Top up with any flavour of your choice.
I hope you guys enjoy this recipe and have a great Sunday brekkie! Don’t forget to tag us in those Insta-worthy pictures @thehauterfly.