DIY: How To Turn Your Old T-Shirt Into A Hair Band
Every girl has that one T-shirt that goes from brand new, to a night shirt, to Holi attire, to a rag used to clean the table. Am I right, or am I right? But what if I told you could turn your old tee into a cool hair band? It is quick, fun, and super easy to make!
Watch the video above, and try it out.
Things you need:
- Old T-Shirt
- Fabric Glue
How to make it:
1. Take an old T-shirt, and cut 6 strips of 1.5 inched wide from it. It is easier to fold the T-shirt in half before you cut it, in order to get even lines.
2. Pull the string in opposite directions in order to stretch it out, so that the fabric curls inwards.
4. Cut the loop at the seam so that it creates a long string.
5. Create 2 sets of 3 strings each.
6. Create loops and inter-loop them as shown in the image above
7. Pull the strips to create a knot, and cut the strings on both ends at 2 inches less than your head size.
8. Cut 3 rectangular pieces from the T-shirt, and stretch them out in order to make the fabric curl.
9. Curl the small rectangular pieces, and glue them on both the ends of the string. Cut the excess.
10. Stick the two ends of the string on the bigger rectangle and fold the edges in, for a clean look.
11. Stick pearls on the knot using fabric glue.
12. Tada! You are all set to rock this pretty hair band!
I hope you guys enjoyed watching this tutorial. If you do experiment with this design, make sure to tag us in your pictures on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.