DIY: Summer Nail Art Using Toothpicks
Summer is that time of the year when I amp up my nail art game! Mangoes have taken over menu cards at every restaurant, cute umbrellas have been put out for shade, and even pretty summer dresses have been pulled out of the closet. The vibe is fun, colorful, and vibrant, which is inspiration enough for a fabulous manicure!
When it comes to nail art, it does not need to be difficult. A basic nail art tool like a toothpick can go a long way to achieve any look that you desire.
Here are 5 easy nail art techniques that you can create with a toothpick, and together they make for a cute summer manicure.
Things you need:
Orange and white nail polish
Clear nail polish
Steps to follow:
1. Apply a thick layer of two shades of nail paint on the left and right side of the nail. Take a toothpick while the paint is still wet, and make a zig-zag motion to blend the two colours together.
2. Go minimal with a swipe of your favourite nail paint along with three dots in the centre of the nail in any accent colour.
3. Paint the tip of the nail with orange nail paint, and make white dots on it. Work in a gradient effect where the dots are bigger at the tip of the nail, and smaller as they hit the centre of the nail. Go back with the orange nail paint and fill in the gaps as needed.
4. Paint your nail with white nail paint, and create 3 small flowers on the left tip of the nail. Fill it in with a few polka dots.
5. Paint your nails with orange nail paint, and use a toothpick to create a flower by making 5 dots in a circle.
6. Seal in all the looks with a top coat.
Voila! You are all set to flaunt this summery manicure.