DIY: Splatter Nail Art For Holi!
Let me just put it out there: I am obsessed with Holi! As a nail artist, it is one of my favourite festivals to draw inspo from. The burst of colours, the splash of water, and the vibrant spirit around town get my creative juices flowing. So, this Holi, I decided to create this colourful splatter nail art, which will get you in the Holi spirit instantly!
(P.S. You won’t even need bhaang!)
Things you’ll need:
- White and Clear Nail Polish
- Colourful Nail Polish
- Scotch Tape
- Nail Polish Remover
How to do it:
1. Paint your nails with a coat of white nail polish. You don’t need to apply two coats (like the usual) as the splatter of colour will cover most of your nails anyway.
2. Cover the tips of your fingers with some scotch tape to avoid the mess. Apply the first strip horizontally at the base of your nail and the second strip around the nail, covering the sides and skin under the nail.
3. Take a straw and fill up the rim with nail polish. Make sure that it is completely covered, in order to get a perfect splatter.
4. This is the part where you can have a lot of fun! Aim at your nails, and blow the nail paint out. Repeat the same step with 3 to 4 colours. Keep alternating the colours till you achieve the look that you desire.
5. Make sure that the splattered nail paint has dried completely, and then peel off the tape in the same sequence that you had stuck it in. That is, remove the tape that goes around your nail first, and then the horizontal piece that is at the base of your nail.
6. Pour some nail polish remover into a small container. Now dip your brush in it and wipe away all the mistakes. Be patient with this step and make sure you clean up all the splatter from your fingers.
7. Voila! You are done with this easy peazy splatter nail art. Seal this look in, with a top coat.
I hope you have fun doing this nail art. This long weekend is a good excuse to get together with your girlfriends and have some fun splattering nail polish on each other’s nails.
If you do experiment with this design, make sure to tag us in your pictures on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.