3 DIY Body Butter Recipes That Will Give You Super Smooth Skin
The first month of the year is almost coming to an end and if you haven’t splurged on yourself yet, it’s time you do. But if you are like me, i.e. perpetually broke, you have to constantly look for cheap yet amazing versions of your favourite products. And one fancy thing I love spending my moolah on is a rich and hydrating body butter. I mean, the name itself makes you imagine a dollop of butter smoothly sliding down your skin, giving you all the feels, yes?
So why am I talking about it when I don’t have the cash to splurge? Because I can make one at home. Or maybe three. Scroll down to see 3 easy DIYs that will help you keep your pamper treatment intact while making sure your pocket doesn’t loose weight.
Scroll down to see 3 easy DIYs that will help you keep your skin pampering sessions intact while making sure your pocket doesn’t loose weight.
P.S: They still aren’t edible.
1. Coconut And Almond Oil Body Butter
The simplest of all, this body butter is so easy to create that you’ll want to make it right away! The coconut and almond oil will nourish your skin beautifully.
- 1/2 cup almond oil
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup organic shea butter
- Melt shea butter and coconut oil in the top of a double boiler. Remove from heat and let cool for 30 minutes.
- Stir in almond oil and essential oils of your choice.
- Place oil mixture in freezer to chill or outside to cool.
- Wait until oils start to partially solidify and then whip until a butter-like consistency is achieved.
- Place in a clean glass jar. A little will last you for a long time.
2. Lemon Cream Body Butter
The citrus from the lemon will give you all the glow you need to feel gorgeous all day long. Plus that smell is so refreshing!
- 6 tablespoons coconut oil
- ¼ cup cacao butter
- 1 tablespoon Vitamin E oil
- ¼ teaspoon lemon essential oil
- Place the coconut oil and cacao butter in a saucepan. Over low heat, warm until just melted.
- Remove from heat. Add the Vitamin E oil and essential oil.
- Cool until the mixture solidifies (a few hours at room temperature). Stir the body butter vigorously with a spatula, and then transfer to a clean container with a lid.
3. Cocoa Body Butter
Cocoa is really great for dry, sensitive skin and will give your skin the hydration it needs.
- ¼ cup shea butter
- ¼ cup cocoa butter
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup sweet almond oil
- 10-20 drops of essential oil
- Combine all ingredients, except the essential oils, in a small pot or double boiler.
- Gently melt and stir over medium-low heat until the mixture is liquid.
- Remove from the heat and allow the mixture to partially set (you can place in the fridge or freezer to speed it up).
- Once the mixture is partially set, add the essential oils of your choice and whip with a hand mixer until the body butter is fluffy and stiff peaks have formed.
- Spoon into a jar and apply whenever you want. It even makes for a great present!