5 Times Deepika Padukone Proved She’s A Girl Boss
Deepika Padukone, in the true sense, has been an inspiration. And no, we’re not just talking about her picture perfect looks, flawless skin or her career successes. We’re talking about her charming personality, courageous heart and having a strong sense of who she is and what she wants. As she turns one year older and by some magic, more beautiful, we recall five times that she has been an inspiration to all of us.
- The time when she openly talked about suffering from clinical depression and single-handedly breaking the taboos around this mental health problem. It took courage to talk about it at a time when mental health problems are swept under the carpet or simply hushed up. And boy are we glad she did. Not just because it helped her fight it but also it has triggered the conversation around mental health issues and she’s made it okay.
2. Giving Times of India a piece of her mind when they flagrantly disregarded respectful reporting by sharing a video solely focusing on her cleavage. She slammed back at them with a fierce tweet saying, “Yes, I am a woman, I have breasts AND a cleavage, you got a problem?” and demanding them to stop objectifying women. You go girl!
3. Breakups are always hard, but what is harder is still being friends with them. Deepika on the other hand, did not just handle her separation with Ranbir Kapoor beautifully, but also did not let that hamper her career choices. Doing a film like Yeh Jawani Hai Deewani post her breakup took some heart and she proved to us that breakups neither have to be ugly nor soul-destroying. And that she’s not a mere mortal because we have been drunk texting exes since forever.
4. When she made it to the top 5 of the Forbes Richest Indian Celebrity list in the 4th position with an earning of Rs. 112.8 crores in 2018. She has time and again proven to us and everyone in the industry that she is worth every dime and that there is no reason why female actors should be paid less than male actors in the fraternity.
5. Weddings for most brides are about first looking their prettiest, showing off their designer lehengas and about the gifts they receive. Deepika and Ranveer on the other hand, generously asked their gifts to rather donate to Deepika’s charitable foundation, Live Love Laugh instead of getting them anything. She walks the talk and she’s only getting more fans for it.