5 Signs You Judge Yourself More Than Anybody Else
As trite as it may sound, we are often our harshest critics. We beat ourselves up over things that others don’t seem to mind so much. Sometimes, others see wonderful things about us that we don’t believe exist. In simple words, we judge ourselves more than anybody else! Well, at least some of us do. If you think you may be doing this, look out for these things.
1. You are kinder to others than you are to yourself
You forgive others more easily; you accommodate their needs over yours; you are more patient, understanding, and appreciative of other people than you are of yourself.
2. You have a difficult time forgiving yourself for something you regret doing, even if others have forgiven you
You hold on to your mistakes for longer than others do. You beat yourself up over it, long after others seem to have forgotten what happened!
3. You don’t open up that easily
You have built walls around you, not because you are an introvert, but because you don’t want to reveal yourself to others, or don’t want them to get too close.
4. You are not that open to trying out new things
Trying new things means being vulnerable and bold at the same time. You don’t trust yourself to get out of your comfort zone, and neither do you feel you deserve it.
5. You find it difficult to accept help
Because you should be able to do it all on your own, right?