The 5-Minute Office Workout That Could Change Your Life!
If you’re a victim of the 9-to-5 grind, then I bet your workout routine has gone for a toss! After work, the only thing on my mind is home, food, and what’s gonna happen on the next episode of This Is Us. And if it wasn’t already clear, dragging my butt to the gym is the last thing on my mind.
So when does one workout? A quick workout at the office is my last resort, but it definitely does go a long way. Sitting in a chair continuously for hours may lead to weight gain in places you would’ve never imagined, so follow this workout routine that I swear by, in order to get your daily fitness fix.
Start off with these 4 stretches for 30 seconds each.
1. For the triceps, stretch put your hand by your head, and push your elbows back. Repeat this on the other side as well.
2. A shoulder stretch is done by pushing your arm out horizontally, and pushing it back with your other arm. Feel your entire back stretch out, and repeat this process on the other hand as well.
3. A quad stretch is when you stand up and hold your foot behind you. Stand straight and make sure your foot touches your butt. You will feel the front of your leg stretch. Repeat the same on both sides.
4. A calf raise can be done by holding onto your desk, and raising your feet in order to stretch your calves.
Follow up these stretches with 5 exercises for 20 repetitions each.
1. Stand next to your desk and bring your leg backwards as seen here. The lunges can be done on alternate legs for 40 repetitions, or one leg at a time for 20 reps.
2. Next up is the push up, which can be done by holding onto the corner of the desk, and bringing your arms to a 90-degree angle.
3. For the squats, hold onto the desk or keep your arms near your chest for balance, and drop down so that your quads are parallel to the floor. Make sure that your knees don’t go beyond your toes.
4. For the ab crunches, hold onto the sides of the chair and bring your knees to your chest.
5. Last but not the least, for the tricep dips, hold onto the base of the chair and dip down till your arm makes a 90-degree angle.
That’s it, guys! This quick and easy workout is super effective, and it will leave you energised, ready to get back to work.
Share this article with that colleague you’d want to try this workout with.