12 Times Deepika Proved She’s A Bonafide Fashionista!
Great style has always been her calling card, but Deepika Padukone’s promotional appearances for her film Tamasha have taken her style credentials to the next level. Working with celebrity stylist Shaleena Nathani, she’s given us some great relaxed looks as well as some seriously sexed up styles that she’s pulled off with effortless ease.
1. Teaming a pair of Zara distressed denims with a high-collared floral jacket by Anamika Khanna and aubergine Louboutins, Deepika gave us an easy chic look. Also, this is such a good blend of high street and high fashion. The messy high knot is a good finishing touch.
2. Working a relaxed look, DP wore an Alexander Wang maxi dress with a floral bomber jacket from Le Mill and flats from Dune London. I like the addition of the Urban Outfitters belt. Not to forget that perfect 10 beauty look — eyebrows on fleek, make-up on point, and a half-up top knot.
3. At first glance this looked like a jumpsuit, but it’s actually a heavily distressed pair of jeans from OneTeaspoon that she’s paired with a shirt from H&M. While fashion critics didn’t find this look appropriate for a press meet, I think otherwise. Firstly, you can’t deny she looks awesome. And secondly, we hardly get to see Bollywood celebs give us a punk-meets-glam looks and ace it too.
4. Here’s a perfect example of how to work shimmer during the day and not look overdressed. The Michael Kors dress is perfectly complemented by silver pumps from Steve Madden. And the high pony… it’s become her signature look by now.
5. Didn’t we say flared denims are the fall trend to try? There you go, here’s proof from the diva herself. She’s worn a pair of Gas jeans with a full-sleeve tucked in shirt and Giuseppe Zanotti pumps.
6. Working a single hue from head-to-toe — a midi dress from & Other Stories, Zara belt and Tom Ford heels — DP gives us major style inspiration with this look. Notice how she’s stuck to the same marsala colour with her make-up as well. I also like her choice of accessories: a gold cuff and bracelet from Amrapali Jewels.
7. Keeping it casual yet chic, Deepika sported a Zara tank top with Forever 21 joggers and a vintage boyfriend blazer. Accessorising the look with layered neckpieces from H&M and Zadig & Voltaire, her choice of shoes were Forever 21 flats. Effortless!
8. Sporting another casual look, Deepika wore a ‘Ride To Paris’ Shahin Mannan sweatshirt with distressed boyfriend denims, Nike sneakers and a Tissot watch. Her only accessories were midi rings and Dior shades. Her look screams ‘Don’t care much’ but I can’t fault it at all!
9. Now here’s a casual chic look to idolise: Wearing a top from Forever 21 and Zara distressed jeans, DP adds an OTT glam vibe to the look with this Payal Khandwala flowy jacket and Louboutin heels. Accessories were kept to a minimum, with just a tasseled neckpiece by & Other Stories.
10. This was one of her first few looks for Tamasha’s promotions, and we couldn’t stop crushing on that coin neckpiece from Amrapali. Wearing a Saloni printed maxi dress from Le Mill and rings from Aquamarine, this was a simple yet stunning look.
11. Heading to NH7 Weekender Pune soon? This is a totally inspiring look to copy for the music festival. The Stradivarius fringed waistcoat and mustard Mango dress is giving us some seriously bohemian feels, and those Aldo brogues add the comfort element. I also love her choice of neckpiece by Ritika Sachdeva Chhabraw. A special mention for those superbly-done waves!
12. Thinking about how to layer this fall? Here’s a great tip from Ms Padukone. We’ve mentioned before how gilets are trending this season, and she’s helping us amplify that message! Wearing a khakhi Zara gilet over a sheer lace dress from NU New York, Deepika cuts a chic frame with this look. Working a cinched waist, she’s also accessorised with caged heels from Christian Louboutin and fringed earrings from & Other Stories. LOVE!