10 Outfit Ideas We Stole From Our Favourite High-Street Stores
Often when I enter a store, I land up eyeing and consequently buying the exact outfit a mannequin in the window might be wearing. Just the way it’s been styled or even how well the accessories used on it stand out, you can’t help but want the same look.
We feel that way when we see a fashion blogger or celebrity on social media. That feeling of wanting to own the same look, and scouting all the corners of the earth to find it, is an activity we regularly partake in. As it turns out, a lot of high-street brands are as good, if not better, at putting looks together, and the best part is that all the pieces are available in one store.
Keep scrolling to see some of our favourites:
1. It’s all our favourite shades in one look and we never thought of putting them together in the first place. Burgundy, white, and pink look so great together!
2. A formal shirt, tied up, with floral trousers and a leather jacket thrown into the mix — would you ever think of wearing it like this?
3. Nautical stripes and tan are always a win-win for the summer. How cool is this combo?
4. Metallic skirts have been the IT piece in a fashion girl’s wardrobe for a while now. Sure, it’s easy to make it look formal at night. But paired with a tee and bomber, it would make a great outfit to wear in the day too.
5. When you’re stuck in a rut (or if it’s Wednesday), take your 2 favourite shades of pink and pair them together — voilà!
6. Never thought I’d want a yellow silk shirt as much as I do after looking at this photo.
7. A light jacket like this one is not only perfect for summer, but looks great when paired with an all-white jumpsuit, no?
8. Sheer and glitter with an added on layer of faux fur. The look might be a bit much to wear when it’s hot outside, but wear it on a cool evening at a rooftop bar and you’re bound to be the best dressed.
9. If there ever was a way to wear a denim skirt to work, this would be it.
10. You don’t need a statement top to look ‘dressed up’ any more. All it takes is an embroidered or embellished pair of denims paired with your favourite slouchy tee!