Why You Need To Add Jade Rollers To Your Skincare Routine ASAP!
If you are looking for a zen and traditional beauty treatment, then look no further. Jade rollers are currently the stars of our Instagram feed, but like many other trends that come and go, this isn’t just a beauty fad.
Jade rollers have been a staple in Chinese skincare routines since the 7th century, and the rest of the world is finally catching on. Apparently, they have healing and protective properties.
Interested? Here is everything you need to know about the beauty treatment.
What are Jade Rollers?
Jade Facial Rollers have been an integral part of Chinese beauty routines, since at least the 7th century. Semi-precious stones such as jade and rose quartz are basically incorporated into handheld massagers that have tons of skincare benefits.
Jade rolling allows you to massage facial muscles gently and safely with a cool surface. It helps boost blood circulation, reduce swelling, and help your skincare products penetrate deeper.
Beauty benefits of Jade rolling
- Jade and rose quartz have healing properties
- It helps tone up facial muscles
- It helps stimulate detoxification by lymphatic drainage
- It aids absorption of your skincare
- It helps reduce under-eye puffiness and dark circles
- It helps firm up and smooth out your skin
- It gives the appearance of clearer skin
- It improves blood circulation and skin tone
- It improves elasticity of the skin
- It reduces wrinkles in the long run
- It helps tighten pores since the crystal remains cold even when in direct contact with the skin
Apart from these benefits, the crystal itself helps in detoxification, bringing harmony and stability, and relieving headaches and sinus by stimulating pressure points.
How to use a Jade roller
Now that we know of all the amazing benefits jade rollers have to offer, the question is how does one use it? Well, here is breaking it down for you:
For starters, always use your jade roller on clean skin, and remember to move it in upward and outward strokes. Many people like to start at their neck, to start the process of lymphatic drainage, but remember, always go up and out.
- Start by rolling at the centre of the face and then work your way to the inner corners of your eyes to reduce puffiness and swelling.
- Now move towards your cheekbones to get that natural lift and contour, as well as plump up the smile lines. Remember to work in short gentle strokes.
- Now roll upward to the hairline in a straight line. This motion helps lift the brows and forehead.
- To end, very gently roll down the sides of the neck and then toward the centre of the clavicle.
Use it with oils
After your usual cleansing and toning regimen, take a few drops of your face oil or serum and smooth it into your skin using a jade roller. This will help the roller glide across your skin with ease, while also allowing the oil to get absorbed better. Avoid using the jade roller on dry skin.
For better results
For extra cooling and soothing, place the stone in the refrigerator or on ice. The stone is naturally cold, so it does not need to be put into the freezer. The temperature drop by refrigerating the roller will help with circulation and natural collagen production, drain congested lymph nodes, rid the body of toxins, and help with sinus issues.
I am totally, sold on this wonder product, and cannot wait to add this to my skincare regimen. What about you?