10 Best Summer Manicures To Pretty Up Your Nails
Summer inevitably calls for all things bright. Vibrant clothes, different shades of swimsuits, and even wild coloured hair.
While it might be hard to keep up with that last one, funky colours are definitely something you can incorporate on your nails. A summer manicure is as necessary as a pair of sexy slides during the season.
Like with our clothes, we’re used to warm toned nails during the winter, and blacks and greys during the monsoon. Summer, however, calls for all the colours of the rainbow — for real!
We scrolled through Instagram to pick our favourites so you can spend those hot, lazy summer weekends trying to imitate these (or maybe just head to the salon, if you’re as lazy as some of us are!)
Keep scrolling and let us know in the comments below which one’s your favourite!
1. Start with something simple. The colour of the sky always makes for a great shade. As for the rest of it, all you need is a Q-tip and some black nail polish!
2. You may not have a beach nearby, but these nails will definitely make you feel like you’re lazying in the sand.
3. Pastels are always a great way to go for summer. Pick 3-4 of your favourite pastel shades and paint your nails in a sequence like this.
4. That holographic trend isn’t going anywhere, anytime soon! Opt for a geometric shattered glass design — this way your nails will actually reflect all the colours of the rainbow in different lights.
5. Palm trees for summer? This one is definitely a no-brainer! If you have the patience, you could easily recreate this at home too.
6. The only way to do chrome nails for summer would be in this soft, pearly finish. It’s elegant and so appropriate for the season.
7. Nail charms are totally a thing and so easy to do. Keep your nails nude (just a base and top coat will do) and add on your favourite summer charms to your odd nails.
8. Another nail trend we can’t get enough of this season is the marble manicure. While doing it to all your fingers would be rather dull for summer, mixing it up with a pastel pink makes it fit right in.
9. White makes for a great summer shade and mixed in with gold chrome, this is one of our favourite manis on the list.
10. And finally, what’s a summer manicure without these unicorn nails, right?!