You’ll Want To Save Priyanka Chopra’s Oscars Look Under Date-Night Makeup
There’s a certain hysteria surrounding the Oscars every year, and you simply can’t avoid the excitement. My reasons for looking forward to the Academy Awards are different, though. Apart from all the stunning gowns and the gorgeous baubles, I love checking out the beautiful make-up and hair the celebrities chose to wear on what is undoubtedly one of the biggest nights in international cinema.
This year was Priyanka Chopra’s first at the Oscars, and boy did she come out with flying colours! Her sheer white Zuhair Murad gown was stunning, and her sleek ponytail and matte plum lipstick are just the inspiration you need for an understated beauty look — especially on date night.
Priyanka Chopra. Photo Courtesy: A.M.P.A.S.
The make-up artist who worked her magic to create this subtle evening look is none other than Stephanie Brooke Barnes, who also does Priyanka’s make-up for her TV show Quantico. Usually, Stephanie does a breakdown of all the products she uses to achieve Priyanka’s various beauty looks, which she hasn’t done yet.
However, she did reveal that the lipstick Priyanka is wearing is not the result of just one shade. Priyanka is wearing Laura Mercier Velour Lovers Lip Colour in the shades Seduction (which is a berry colour leaning on the pink side) and Cocoapout (which is deep plum with a strong brown undertone). Remember to play with your make-up girls and customise colours to find new shades that flatter your skin tone.
Laura Mercier Velour Lovers Lip Colour Seduction
To make her complexion flawless, Stephanie used a salmon-coloured concealer from Eve Pearl (Colour correcting ring a bell?). Her power brows are a result of — surprise, surprise! — Anastasia Beverley Hills Dipbrow Pomade. And those fluttery peepers are courtesy of Ardell Lashes, which is what Priyanka had worn during the SAG Awards as well.
Her hair was perfectly coiffed too. Wondering how to get her sleek, low ponytail? Her main man Castillo says that getting the perfect blow dry is crucial to nailing this look.
2. To give the crown some volume, TS Factor by TIGI Body Booster Plumping Spray was applied on the roots while her hair was still damp.
3. This was followed by a dollop of S Factor by TIGI Silky Smooth Moisture Serum applied to the length. Her hair was then blow dried at the roots to create volume and then in a downward direction to keep frizz at bay.
5. S Factor by TIGI Smoothing Lusterizer was applied to ward off any possibility of frizz.
6. The hair length was then prepped with S Factor by TIGI Flat IronShine Spray and straightened with a flat iron.
7. Castillo wanted to break away from the usual side part followed by a high, tight ponytail for the Oscars. Since the idea was to look effortlessly glamorous, they settled on a low, loose ponytail with a centre part. All he did then was parted the hair and secure everything in a low ponytail with an elastic.
8. He then took a section of hair from the ponytail and coated it with S Factor by TIGI Creamy Molding Wax. This lock of hair was then wrapped around the elastic to conceal it and secured in place with a bobby pin.
9. He finished the look with S Factor by TIGI Vivacious Hairspray. So simple, right?!