#ICW2016: Breaking Down The Beauty Look From Manish Malhotra’s Show
Indian Couture Week 2016 started off with a bang courtesy Manish Malhotra, and his show took everyone’s breath away. Inspired by the fabled world of ancient Persia, the models looked just as stunning as the clothes they were showcasing. The makeup was subtle and pretty. Micky Contractor, director of makeup artistry for MAC, and his team are behind the beauty looks for this year’s couture week.
If you want to recreate the same beauty look, follow these steps:
- Start the makeup with Fix+, an aqua-spritz filled with vitamin and minerals. It is infused with green tea, chamomile, and cucumber topped off with the fresh, energizing scent of Sugi that calms the skin and adds freshness to the face.
- Next, apply the Studio Moisture Fix SPF 15, a non-greasy formula that plumps and softens skin.
- The concealer used is the Pro Conceal & Correct Palette, to level out the skin tone.
- Follow it up with the Select Sheer Pressed Powder, a lightweight pressed powder with an amazing matte finish.
- Contour and blush the cheeks by using Spirit Lipstick to get that flushed look.
- Now, we move on to the eyes. Use Pro Shine Mixing Medium on the eyelids for your base.
- The fierce look of the eyes can be replicated by applying Feline Kohl Eye Pencil to the lower lash line, and intensified with Blacktrack Fluidline on the top of the lids and Embark Eyeshadow.
- If you want to add some more oomph to the look, apply Lash No. 7 on your eyes.
- Lastly, line your lips with Soar Lip Pencil and fill them in with Cosmo Lipstick for the subtle pink colour.