We Tested 6 Long-Stay Lipsticks, And Here’s The One That Did Not Budge!
So quite recently, long-lasting lipsticks have been all the rage, and almost every beauty brand has been launching their own version of long-lasting lippies in formulas like creamy, liquid, and of course, the most popular matte formula.
Well, Shikha and Hesha Chimah from team Hauterfly, took it upon themselves to test a bunch of lipsticks that claim to be long-lasting. We have picked out 6 lipsticks from 6 different brands and put them through 3 tedious tests.
The first was the Coffee Test. If you are a coffee addict who cannot do without your daily dose of caffeine, this test will help you find the lipstick that is meant to bear your everyday coffee indulgence.
Next up was the Pizza Test. Pizza is bae! Who agrees? But guess what happens at the end of that scrumptious slice? Well, all that grease tends to fade the lipstick away. As you know, a lot of makeup removers are oil-based. Hence, we had to put these lipsticks through this test.
The final test was the Kiss Test ’cause there is no bigger turn off than smearing lipstick, or leaving stains all over your beau’s face.
The lipsticks we picked for the test were:
1. The Wet n Wild MegaLast Lip Color: This needs no explanation as the name itself suggests that it is supposed to last longer. This retails for just Rs 295, so it is easy on the pocket as well.
2. Nykaa Pout Perfect: It claims to be super long-wearing, glide on effortlessly and have one-stroke application. This retails for Rs 499.
3. Lakme 9 to 5 Lip & Cheek Color: This claims to last for 8 hours, and retails for Rs 575.
4. Maybelline Super Stay Matte Ink: This retails for Rs 650, and the description of the product claims it inks your lips and lasts up to 16 hours.
5. Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lip Color: This lipstick retail for Rs 956. Though the brand does not claim it is a long-lasting lipstick, the reviews say that this lipstick will not budge no matter what.
6. NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream: This lipstick costs Rs 600, and comes in a wide variety of shades. The brand claims that it is lightweight and long-lasting.
Now we have to say, out of all the above lipsticks we tried, we had one clear winner, and that has to be the Maybelline Super Stay Matte Ink. It did not transfer to the coffee cup, did not fade with the pizza, and refused to leave even after the Kiss Test. So girls, if you are looking for a lipstick that actually lasts all night, Maybelline Super Stay Matte Ink is the one for you.
Now we have to say, out of all the above lipsticks we tried, we had one clear winner and that has to be the Maybelline Super Stay Matte Ink, it did not transfer on the coffee cup, did not fade with the pizza and refused to leave even after the kiss test. So girls if you are looking for a lipstick that actually lasts all night! Maybelline Super Stay Matte Ink is the one for you.