Jacqueline’s Sleek Pin-Up Style Is Giving Us Vintage Feels!
I can’t stop saying this so please bear with me, but I’m in love with Jacqueline Fernandez’s hair. If there was a way to steal somebody’s genes, I would totally steal Jackie’s. I’m not going to hide my klepto tendencies because it’s normal to want gorgeous hair.
At a recent Housefull 3 promotional event, Jackie looked very girly and cutesy in a Gauri & Nainika dress. She wore her hair in the prettiest version of 1940s style pin-up curls and I totally loved it!
Which #girl dosent #love a good QUIFF… It sure is @jacquelinef143 #favourite … The multi talented stylist @tanghavri . Hair??#softwave #ponytail with a #quiff using @bedheadbytigi #hairspray .. . #Makeup ?? #base keep it simple #dreamfresh #bbcream . #blusher ?? @diormakeup #dramatic eyes to complete the look! My new #discovery for #lips @stilacosmetics no 3!! Full #tutorial #comingupsoon on my #youtubechannel!! #snapchat ??shaanmu1
Don’t you think it’s a lovely way to contemporise a seriously vintage hairstyle? If you want to copy her look, follow the video below for precise instructions. Although the video is an out and out classic pin-up tutorial, the steps are pretty much the same to get Jacqueline’s spin on victory rolls.
Now that you’re done watching the video, here are all the things you’re going to need to get the style to perfection. Keep scrolling to read my easy breakdown of the look and some perfect products to achieve this sleek look:
1. You will have to start with blow-dried hair because you need straight voluminous hair for the pin-up curls. You can’t have a wave or curl pattern close to the roots.
2. Curl your hair in tight curls with the help of this tutorial, and pin the curls with bobby pins or duckbill pins while they cool. Pinning the curl ensures that it sets properly.3. Although the vlogger Ashley Marie goes to town teasing her hair in the video, you don’t have to tease your hair that much since Jacqueline’s victory roll is far more wearable IRL than Ashley’s is. All you need is a little height and volume, so a little teasing should sort you out.
3. Although the vlogger Ashley Marie goes to town teasing her hair in the video, you don’t have to tease your hair that much since Jacqueline’s victory roll is far more wearable IRL than Ashley’s is. All you need is a little height and volume, so a little teasing should sort you out.
4. Once you have created the victory roll, pin it in place like Jacqueline has done. If you have shorter hair in the front or fringes that you are growing out, you can leave them as is like Ashley has done.
5. Secure the rest of your hair in a high ponytail and curl it with a large-barrelled curling iron so as to get loose, uniform waves.
Also, you will need a strong-hold hairspray and tons of it! Jacqueline’s main man Shaan Muttathil used TIGI Bed Head Maxxed-Out Maximum Hold Hairspray. If your hair is resistant to styling and tends to fall flat, please prep it with mousse, and use this hack to get the best results. If your hair is fine, add a good amount of a texturizing spray or dry shampoo as it adds some texture to limp hair.