3 Absolutely Fun Ways To DIY Your Very Own Lipstick!
A lipstick is one thing that can make any girl’s look go from drab to fab in seconds. Whether you like neutral pinks and browns or bold hues of red and purple, every girl loves her lipstick tube. On days when you don’t want to accessorise, your lipstick can do all the talking. When you have to rush for a last minute meeting or an impromptu date, a swipe of bright lipstick can add colour to your face and make you ready to conquer the world!
If you’re someone who thinks lipsticks are her soulmate, then you will definitely have fun making some of your own. It’s actually super easy! Take a look at these DIY ideas below and choose the one that suits you best. Go crazy with your girlfriends over the weekend, by making your own favourite lipstick shades. Time for a slumber party!
1. Crayons & Coconut Oil
Take out your wax crayons and get ready to have some fun (just make sure they’re non-toxic). No, I’m not going to hand you colouring books! Instead, you’re going to add some coconut oil to your crayons and make some vibrant lipsticks!
- Coloured crayons
- Solidified coconut oil
- Break the crayon into little pieces.
- Put them into little glass containers.
- Add a scoop of coconut oil to each container.
- Take a pan and boil some water in it.
- Place the glass containers in it to melt the ingredients.
- Mix them well and pour the contents in empty lipstick tubes.
- Freeze for 10 minutes and voila your lipsticks are ready!
2. Bubblegum & Food Colouring
For those of you who are apprehensive about putting crayons on their lips, try this method instead. Bubblegum in lipstick!? YES PLEASE.
- 2 Bubblegums
- Food colouring of your choice
- Put all the ingredients in one bowl.
- You can mix two or more food colours to get a custom shade.
- Microwave the ingredients till they’ve melted.
- Pour the contents in a lipstick container.
- Freeze for about 5 minutes and it’s done.
3. Eye Shadow & Old Chapstick
If you’ve been following my DIYs, you know that we used lipstick in the lip balm DIY. Now, it’s time to turn the tables and use lip balm or chapstick to make a new lipstick.
- Plain chapstick
- Eye shadow (any colour)
- Remove the chapstick from it’s container and put it into a bowl.
- Scrape some eye shadow into the bowl using a toothpick or the back of a spoon.
- Heat or microwave the contents to melt them and mix thoroughly.
- Pour the mixture into a container and freeze.
- Your product is ready!
Weren’t these methods really simple? Now, that you know how to make basic lipsticks, you can go ahead and up your game by checking out this video below. Swedish vlogger Sara shows you how to make some seriously bright and colourful lipsticks, that too using CANDY! You’re going to love this!