How To Wear Coloured Eyeliner To Work And OWN It!
I am one of those people who’s always put together, and I have my parents to thank for for inculcating this habit in me. My father insisted that we were well-dressed at all times even as kids, which meant absolutely no stained clothes, runny noses, or muddy feet. I’m glad my mum marched me to the salon at 13 for my first waxing session, because she knows waxing isn’t a vanity but a necessity for hairy, pubescent girls.
Perhaps this is why I love dressing up for myself. I’ve been fascinated with colour since forever, and I just love brightly coloured eyeliners. I’ve tried every possible shade of blue, but the pop green eyeliner from Monique Lhuillier’s Spring Summer 2016 show really pushed me into exploring a more summer-appropriate shade — bright, canary yellow!
And the AMC Gel Eyeliner from Inglot had me at hello! It’s perhaps the brightest, most radical shade of eyeliner I’ve ever worn. While I wore this as a graphic eyeliner during Fashion Week, daily life calls for something more subtle. Here’s how I did it:
1. The only makeup I wear on my skin during the day is a light moisturiser and my favourite gel sunscreen – Ansolar Daily Use Gel Cream. Prepping your skin is absolutely crucial in maintaining it.
2. I then lined my eyes with Inglot AMC Gel Eyeliner in 84 to create a subtle winged-tip that’s appropriate for the day, and followed it with tightlining my upper lashline with L’Oréal Paris Super Liner Gel Eyeliner, which is an intense black. Tightlining makes your lashes look voluminous and intense. Read more about it here.
3. I then combed through my lashes with a spoolie brush brush to remove any clumps and added a coat of Maybelline The Colossal Volum Express Mascara and filled in my eyebrows with MIRACLE My Brow 3D Gel Eyebrow Liner.
MAC Cosmo (Rs 1,450)
4. I wanted my eyes to be the focus so applied a swipe of MAC Cosmo on my lips, which is a nude lipstick with pink undertones.
5. I decided to go without blush or highlighter because of the sweltering heat.
NOTE: All the products I’ve used are waterproof. This is especially important if you live in tropical climes. Ain’t nobody got time for runny mascara, gurl!