All The Celebrity Hairstyles We Loved In 2016
If nothing else, 2016 was definitely a great year for hair. While there was plenty of red carpet inspiration to go around, one thing I noticed was that there are a handful of celebrities who like to try different things. Sure, a majority of them just go with the classic blowout or bun, but this handful managed to really push the envelope and keep us thoroughly inspired through the year.
I stalked the likes of Namrata Soni, Jen Atkin, Ayesha DeVitre, and Daniel Bauer to find some of the coolest hairdos of the year.
While a number of celebrities are repeated, one thing was certain — they didn’t have the same style on twice.
1. I’ll start with my favourite traditional hairstyle this year. Namrata Soni created this for Sonam Kapoor at the Cannes Film Festival. I love that it’s so simple but stunning at the same time.
2. A style list can’t be complete without Deepika Padukone. The faux hawk isn’t something a lot of people have the guts to take on. Deepika doesn’t look like she even flinched.
3. Ayesha DeVitre always keeps it fun when it comes to Alia Bhatt. This was one of the styles she created for the Kapoor & Sons promotions and it’s safe to say that we’ve never seen anything like it before.
4. They seem to be an invincible duo and they’ll be on this list multiple times. Sonam Kapoor and Namrata Soni did it again with a super cool hair clip and ponytail combo. It’s easy to try and definitely one of the more innovative things we’ve seen on the circuit.
5. Here’s Elton Fernandez giving you a reason to love that old-school crimped do we all tried in our teens. Aditi Rao Hydari’s voluminous style definitely deserves 2 thumbs up!
View this post on Instagram
❤️❤️❤️ ethereal @jacquelinef143 for #luxawards2016 so much fun always styled by @tanghavri #hairgame #makeupgame #makeupbynamratasoni #hairbynamratasoni #love #beauty #blog #makeupbynamratasoni #hairbynamratasoni #love #beautybyme #hairbyme #love #hairinspo #hairfashion #stylediva #diva #jacquelinefernandes #celebrity #hairporno #hairvideo #hairblog #celebritystyling #bollywoodstyle #bollywood #bollywoodcelebrity
6. Another bridal braid that should be on your inspiration list is this gorgeous twisted one on Jacqueline Fernandez. Infinite twists and tucks make this baby look so elegant, we can’t get enough!
View this post on Instagram
With Deepika today for her live Facebook chat. Today's look is with a pinkish nude satin lip, gloss wing eyeliner, blush contouring/draping and set against a messy undone twisted braid with my new favourite, textured lose strands. Styled by the one and only Shaleena #danielbauermakeupandhair #deepikapadukone #deepika #facebookindia #shaleenanathani #drapingmakeup #messybraid
7. Speaking of braids, how about mixing yours up with a ponytail? The messy do might look simple upfront, but it’s the back that we’re absolutely in love with.
8. Why wear a headband when you can create a kickass braided crown instead? Ayesha DeVitre took on Parineeti Chopra’s hair for an award show and it’s on top of our festival hair inspiration list.
9. I told you we weren’t done with Sonam and Namrata. A punked-out braided ponytail is the perfect style for fall. And just in case you feel like your clothes aren’t making the cut, this certainly will!
10. I’m not even going to try and understand what’s happening on Jacqueline Fernandez’s head, but you’ve got to admit it looks seriously lit!
While this is pretty much the 10 best in Bollywood, here are a few Hollywood favourites from 2016:
Honestly I think I should stop right here. This is easily my favourite style this year and Nina Dobrev pulls it off like a freaking queen!
It seems like Kendall Jenner didn’t do too badly in the hair department either this year. Bubble braids and the wet look she sported at events were the highlights in 2016.
And finally, what’s a hair list without an edgy top knot, am I right? Vanessa Hudgens had the best one by far!