5 Heat Protectants You Can Use Before You Style Your Hair
My hair iron is my best friend. It keeps my hair smooth, tames the frizz, makes me look super polished, and sometimes even curls my hair. So naturally I tend to use it every other day. Just to clean up my bangs or iron out a kink — it never lets me down. On the outside, everything looks fantastic, but in reality, my so-called “bff” isn’t going to help me when all my hair is falling out. Harsh, but it’s true. So for all the times we blow-dry, iron, and curl our hair, it’s important to take the necessary precautions to prevent going completely bald in the future.
While you can regularly get hair spas and oil your hair, protecting it before you use any heat is equally important, if not more. Your heat protectant is your actual best friend and a couple of sprays on damp hair can go a long way.
Here are 5 that you can get in India:
1. If you’re looking for an all-round heat-protectant, this one is it. It doesn’t matter if you’re blow-drying, ironing, or curling your hair, a few sprays of Toni&Guy’s heat mist will do the job.
2. Schwarzkopf’s Gliss spray is known to take care of frizz and moisturise your hair while it protects it from your hot tools. Sure it smoothens your locks, but it doesn’t weigh it down while doing so.
3. The best spray to invest in for some protection and hold is L’Oréal’s Tecni. Art. It has a volume 3 hold which means it won’t make your hair crunchy as it gives you the bounciness you desire.
4. Blow-dry addicts can use Kérastase’s leave-in cream. It helps repair your damaged hair as well as provide the heat protection your hair needs. It even takes care of your split ends.
5. Rene Furterer’s spray comes with climate control, which means all that humidity shouldn’t affect your hair once you use it. Expect a super shiny result once you’re done styling!