12 Things You Will Relate To If You Love Christmas
Even the most difficult person on Earth is bound to do the happy dance this season, because… it’s Chrristmas! From the chill in the air to the smell of goodies being baked and twinkling lights all around, it’s impossible to escape the Christmas cheer. And if you’re among those who’ve been waiting for the season, you’re definitely going to relate to these things. If not, send this post to that extra happy Christmas soul, and remember: ’tis the season to be merry!
1.On Day 1 of Day 365, the first thing you do is look for the December holidays on the calendar.
Why not?! Christmas is all about planning, and planning right. And there are so many chores to be done, if only people understood! So what if you’re counting down till Christmas like, “Hey, just 363 days left for X’Mas!” *awkward stare*
2. Be it morning alarms or ringtones, every song played in December must have a Christmas-y tune.
Move aside Ed Sheeran and Adele. It’s time for Mariah Carey and Pentatonix to sing out loud. Because, right now, that’s all I want for Christmas!
3. Deck the halls with boughs of holly… and every other part of the house, including pets.
Christmas time is not just about how you celebrate, but also about who has the best Christmas tree and which star shines brightest on the balcony. It’s literally war, and you’ve got to be prepped! Even if that means Bruno the Labrador needs to wear reindeer headgear.
4. Work mode? What is work mode in holiday season?
Please do not bore me with your Excel sheets and work e-mails. I’m dreaming of a white Christmas!
5. From feeling Christmas-y to costing like it’s Christmas. *Sigh*
What?! That’s how much lighting up the whole house for Christmas costs? And now I have no money left to buy a gift for my landlady and her cat. 🙁
6. Say Hello to your inner baker (no matter how bad she is at her job).
I don’t care who you are, you CANNOT leave this spot unless you try the rum cake I’ve just baked.
7. No matter how old you are, you’ll watch those Christmas movies all over again (Home Alone rerun, anyone?). Or just skip to the holiday scenes in your favourite TV shows.
Where’s that big bowl of popcorn? And who’s kept the tissues so far away? Keep these handy and jump right into your couch because it’s time to grin and cry all at once.
8. From sweaters to sweatshirts, every December outfit is either red, green, or reads “Ho! Ho! Ho!”
Because Christmas dress-up is tradition. And it’s criminal not to dress like it’s Christmas. Of course, you need Rudolph on your sweatshirt and that Santa hat to go with it! Why wouldn’t you?
9. The look you give to people who say, “I don’t care about Christmas. I can’t wait for NYE!”
Hello there, cruel person. Let’s pretend I didn’t hear what you said. *anger management 101*
10. Yes, deep down you know that Santa doesn’t exist… but no one should ever SAY that he doesn’t!
Remember when your dad or your uncle would dress up like Santa and stuff your X’Mas stocking with presents? So what if you’re the one stuffing the stockings now, or playing Santa to your niece. The truth is Santa is not a person, but a feeling! *sobs*
11. From holiday quotes to holiday puns, you never tire of using them in everyday conversation!
Most times people don’t really get you… but hey, you’ve been brought up listening to Uncle Walter utter these all the time. And they ARE funny.
12. You start counting days when you can get back home because Christmas means family time.
Because home is where the Christmas feast is. Also, thank god for loose clothes… it’s time to eat till your heart (and tummy!) is content. Merry Christmas y’all!