DIY: How To Care For Your Nails At Home
Spending my hard-earned money on a nail spa at a salon has never really been a pleasure for me. Every stroke of the nail filer against my nail makes me think, “I can do this myself too!”
All you need is basic nail spa items, and some good music, and you’re on your way to beautiful finger tips. Are you ready?
Things you will need:
- Cotton Pad
- Nail Polish Remover
- Warm Water
- Nail Filer
- Cuticle Pusher
- Dead Skin Remover
- Olive Oil
How to do it:
1. Use an acetone-free nail polish remover in order to prevent your nails from drying out. Always opt for a Vitamin E-infused solution to moisturise your nails and keep them healthy.
2. Take a slice of lemon and rub it on your nails in order to reduce the yellowness that occurs due to leftover residue of nail polish.
3. Squeeze the other half of the lemon in warm water, and soak your fingertips in it for 3 minutes. This will make your cuticles softer.
4. File your nails in one direction. Going back and forth causes the nails to get rough and eventually chip.
5. Push back the cuticles, allowing the nails to grow faster since the cuticle skin doesn’t cling on to it.
6. Take a cuticle remover and remove all the dead skin from around your nails.
7. Massage some olive oil on your cuticles to keep them soft and help enhance nail growth.
8. Finally, head to bed with your clean nails, and allow the oil to work its magic overnight.
You’ll wake up to beautiful, healthy nails.