7 Stylish Jackets You Need To Try This Fall
Winter in Bombay doesn’t really mean too much. It gets slightly cooler, somewhat windier, and yep, your hair starts looking better than normal. But when it comes to layering in the city, there isn’t a lot you can do. Your longline vests will obviously be hella’ useful, but it’s still nice to throw on a stylish jacket every now and then — for those cooler-than-normal days.
They can’t be too thick and no, of course they can’t have any kind of fur or leather. What you’re looking for is a light, smart, and super stylish jacket to layer up with, come end of this month. We found some options online that won’t let the Mumbai heat stop you from wearing them.
1. Like a white tank, a white blazer is a wardrobe essential. From work meetings to pretty much anything — they’ll do the job no matter where you take them.
2. The coolest new trend around the block is the bomber jacket. It takes everyone’s favourite athleisure trend up a notch, and who doesn’t love that?
3. Since it does tend to get hot during the day even in December, a cotton jacket is a must. Just think of how cute it’ll look over a crop top and a pair of high-waist trousers!
4. The softest denim jacket around is also one of the most stylish ones I’ve seen. It can be left open or tied around, trench-coat style.
5. One thing I’ve learnt this year is that there’s no rule against wearing your sleepwear to go out. In fact, these days it’s even called ‘being stylish’. Zara took our favourite jacket style and made it look like a part of your pyjama set. Win-win!
6. If you’re looking to quirk up an outfit, there’s no better way of doing it than with an appliqué jacket. Layer it with your favourite jeans or relaxed, maxi skirt — whatever floats your boat.
7. Before you start wondering why there are 2 denim jackets on this list, this one has paint splattered on it! Does it get any cooler than that? I think not!