10 Times Ranveer Singh Killed It In The Sartorial Stakes
If we were ever asked about the one man in Bollywood who is a modern-day a style icon, I think the answer would be unanimous: Ranveer Singh. Let’s all give a collective cheer for the awesome actor, because there’s no doubt he deserves all the acclaim for his back-to-back hits at the sartorial box office.
Hauterfly is all about women with great style, but in Ranveer’s case we HAVE to make an exception. We’re absolutely blown away by his OTT approach to dressing — you can love it or you can hate it, but you definitely can’t ignore it! Whether it’s his ridiculously quirky avatar at the airport or a dapper-with-a-twist look on the red carpet, he has given us way too many reasons to swoon in the past few weeks. And if you thought a man who can carry off a pink shirt with ease is a defiant style star, here’s one who has also blurred gender lines and made it work for him. The best part is that his style is as tastefully eccentric as his personality, thanks in no small part to his always-ready-to-experiment stylist Nitasha Gaurav. Here’s hoping our forever #ManCrush on Ranveer Singh never halts!
1. In an Anju Modi couture outfit teamed with a pair of tan lace-up sandals, the actor stands out in a crowd. His shaved-off hair is perfectly in sync with his super-groomed moustache, giving us #BoyfriendGoals like no other.
2. Teaming a man skirt with a blazer and waist coat from Rishta by Arjun Saluja, Ranveer’s steely grey ensemble was anything but boring. And if that wasn’t enough, the nerdy glasses and leather sandals add so much interest to the look, don’t you think?
3. Look at that now! I don’t know another Bollywood actor who can carry off such an outfit and still look dapper! Talk about breaking stereotypes and Ranveer nails it every single time by redefining ethnic fashion for men in this Anju Modi ensemble.
4. Donning an embroidered, bottle-green Sabyasachi sherwani, the actor accessorised this OTT look with a pair of embroidered khussa shoes. Love the addition of those brow-bar glasses. Much suave!
5. If you thought print-on-print was a trend reserved just for girls, allow Ranveer to prove you wrong like a pro. Seen here in a Kristy De Cunha rabbit print shirt and trousers, he accessorised the look with a bow-tie and leather sandals.
6. By the looks of it, there’s no doubt the actor favours designer Anju Modi’s creations for the Bajirao Mastani promotions (she did do all the stunning costumes for the film). Love the addition of rugged boots with the Indian ensemble and the Amrapali ring.
7. Once again wearing an Anju Modi ensemble, the actor rocks this desi look. That pagdi perched on his head is definitely the hero accessory of this attire, and he carries it off with so much style.
8. At the H&M launch party, the actor reminisced wore a Mickey Mouse shirt paired with skinny jeans, a bow-tie and a hat.
9. How dapper does Ranveer look in this Rohit Bal ensemble teamed with a pair of Christian Louboutin shoes? #swoon
10. At the Bachchans’ Diwali party last month, Ranveer wore a toned down Sabyasachi ensemble. Love the floral-embroidered jacket, not to mention the leather Kolhapuri chappals he’s accessorised with. Such a refined look, no?