13 Badass Feminist Quotes You Need To See Today (Print Them On A Tee, Maybe?)
With the second Women’s March in the U.S. and women sharing their stories of harassment and molestation with #MeToo, there is no better time to be proud of who we are. Women have been fighting patriarchy for ages, and us women can do our bit by speaking out, sharing our stories, and helping other women. But if you need any reminder of how strong and badass you are, we have got you covered.
Here’s a little extra reminder that you are amazing and nobody can steal your shine. Go through these badass feminist quotes that will make you feel like the damn powerful woman that you already are!
1. ‘We are becoming the men we wanted to marry.’ ― Gloria Steinem
2. ‘I’m tough, I’m ambitious, and I know exactly what I want. If that makes me a bitch, okay.’ ― Madonna
3. ‘I would rather be a bad feminist than no feminist at all.’ ― Roxane Gay
4. ‘I am confident, I am capable, and I will not wait to be rescued by a woodsman or a hunter.’ ― Jackson Pearce
5. ‘I have chosen to no longer be apologetic for my femininity. And I want to be respected in all my femaleness. Because I deserve to be.’ ― Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
6. ‘There’s nothing a man can do, that I can’t do better and in heels’ ― Ginger Rogers
7. ‘I’m not a humanitarian, I’m a hell-raiser.’ ― Mother Jones
8. ‘The saddest thing a girl can do is dumb herself down for a guy.’ ― Emma Watson
9. ‘A wise woman wishes to be no one’s enemy; a wise woman refuses to be anyone’s victim.’ ― Maya Angelou
10. ‘Nolite te bastardes carborundorum. Don’t let the bastards grind you down.’ ― Margaret Atwood
11. ‘A woman without a man is like a fish without a bicycle.’ ― Irina Dunn
12. ‘Who runs the world? Girls.’ — Beyoncé Knowles
13. ‘Women hold all the power. They should use it like a whip, not offer it up like a sacrifice.’ ― Tarryn Fisher