3 Easy-To-Do Hairstyles From This Year’s NYFW
As the weather gets warmer and the awful humidity settles in, the immediate thing you actually want to do with your tresses is to tie them up…ANYHOW! Although in the ‘heat’ of the moment, you might also want to chop off your locks, we don’t encourage you to go all Britney ‘Shears’ on them.
So settling on a messy bun before you decide to step out, not really giving a damn about your out-of-bed hair, may not always pan out well for a not-so average day. Your hairstyle is something that can make or break your ensemble.
On a regular day your wouldn’t really care if it’s all over the place. But when you have to prep and deck up for an important meeting or a presentation at college, it needs to be decently in place.
Fashion weeks are known for setting trends for the season, in terms of fashion, makeup, and even hair. Although some of them may be bizarre things that you may not be able to wear every day, there are some that you can totally pull off in an instant.
And trust us when we say, they most definitely will not require an extra set of hands to tie it in together.
With that being said, here are 3 easy-to-do NYFW hairstyles which we guarantee you can loop in by yourself — you know, for those days you want to combat that uncontrollable mane and keep that style on point.
1. The Twisted Half
- Post your hair wash and dry, spritz on some hairspray onto your hair and divide it into sections.
- Take each section and, with a flatiron, create soft, textured waves in the front of your hair.
- Using a curling tong, curl the back section of your hair to create definition.
- Loosen the waves to make them a little messy and spray the same hairspray to lock them in.
- With a backcomb, tease the strands of your crown to create more volume on the top of your head.
- After parting your hair in the middle, simply twist 2 small sections from your temples, bringing them together to the back of the head and secure with bobby pins.
- Since the hair is pulled back, the tiny baby flicks will stick out so, spray some hairspray on a toothbrush and gently brush away those flyaways.
“Loosen up the finished hair by picking through it with a rat tail comb for an effortless, romantic effect,” suggests Justine Marjan, TRESemmé’s Global Stylist.
2. A Messy Halo Braid
- Scrunch some mousse into you hair while lightly blowdrying it, volumising the strands.
- Tease the roots, leaving the crown untouched. Spray some dry shampoo to create more bounce and then use a hair iron to add in texture.
- Using a paddle brush, softly tease the roots, giving your hair a messy, edgy look.
- Taking a middle parting, section it in 2 parts and braid each half, securing each with rubber bands.
- Using a little hairspray and a paddle brush, lightly loosen out the braids a little.
- Take each braid up the side, across the back on to the other side of your head and pin it with bobby pins.
- With a fishtail comb, tug out loose strands to give it that messy, cute effect.
“This ethereal look is a perfect combination of romance and edge,” adds Justine Marjan, TRESemmé Global Stylist
3. The Messy Chignon
“This is a soft and fresh look with a touch of sophistication,” says Odile Gilbert, TRESemmé Global Stylist.
- Applying hair mousse, create volume and body into your hair while blow-drying it. Post drying, flip your locks over and spray on some dry shampoo in order to lock in that softness.
- Apply some more volumising product and softly brush your hair back, creating a side sweep.
- Gather all of your hair, lift it up, and twist it into a messy chignon bun.
- Poke in some bobby pins to secure the stray strands and neaten up the crown and sides.
- Finish with some more hairspray, to keep everything in place as you take on the world!
Zahra’s Bronzer Is The Next Best Thing To A Tropical Vacation