Jacqueline’s Make-Up Artist Reveals How To Get Her Edgy Cat Eye!
At Hauterfly, a better part of our day is spent stalking the latest celebrity looks. From fawning over their sartorial choices to going ga-ga over their hair and makeup, it is perhaps the best part of our day. And Jacqueline Fernandez is one of our favourite stars to stalk. Not only is she amazingly fit, but her pet cat Miu Miu is such a darling little thing (and who doesn’t love cat videos, right?).
Over the last couple of days, Fernandez has been out and about in some stunning looks, but what got us really excited this morning was make-up artist Namrata Soni revealing a step-by-step tutorial on how to get Fernandez’s exaggerated cat eye.
How rad is that eye makeup? Here’s how to cop this look, courtesy the makeup artist herself:
1. Always start by prepping and refreshing the skin with a glowing mist. Namrata likes to use Avene Thermal Spring Water Spray.
2. Apply Bobbi Brown Extra Eye Repair Cream only under the eyes. Namrata cautions against using the cream on the eyelids as they tend to get oily. Use a primer (she prefers using the Tom Ford Illuminating Primer, but you can apply any regular moisturiser) on the rest of your face and neck by gently pressing it into your skin with your palms.
4. With a clean foundation brush lightly apply a liquid foundation with medium to full coverage (Chanel, Dior, and L’Oréal are some of her favourites) all over the face and blend well with a wet cosmetic sponge. With a big powder puff, use the Sheer Finish Loose Powder from Bobbi Brown (she has used the shades Soft Sand and Pale Yellow) to set the foundation into the skin.
5. Wet a flat eye shadow brush lightly and tap it into some black eyeshadow. This prevents eyeshadow fallout and also packs in the colour densely. Create the shape you want like the cat eye she’s created for Jacqueline. Fill it in with the wet eyeshadow. Make sure the shadow you’re using is one that can be used both wet and dry. Allow the first layer of shadow to dry before adding a fresh coat on top of it. Use the same technique on the lower lashline and join the corners. Don’t worry if you’ve made mistakes since you can easily clean it up with a cotton bud.
6. Curl your lashes and apply two coats of mascara concentrating it towards the outer corner. This really opens up your eye and creates a fanned out effect. Line the waterline with Colorbar kohl pencil.
7. Use a blush like Anastasia Beverly Hills Blush in Bronze Pink on the cheeks and an iridescent highlighter like the Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick on the tops of the cheekbones and the bridge of the nose.
8. Finish off the look with a blush pink lipstick. Namrata has used Bobbi Brown Art Stick in Dusty Pink.
The Week In Style