10 Tricks That Make Concealing A Breeze
Concealer has got to the one product that’s tricky to master in make-up application; it’s way difficult than contouring IMO. It is so easy to go wrong with this technique. But let’s not forget, it is also an essential skill, one that you simply cannot do without. Back when I was in make-up school, the art of concealing was one of the most frustrating lessons for me. Frustrating enough to make me want to pull my hair out. Now I wouldn’t want you to go through the same agony, so I have rounded up all the tips and tricks you need in order to apply concealer right.
1. Foundation before concealer… ALWAYS. Foundation offers some amount of coverage so you won’t need as much concealing if you apply it before concealer. Also applying concealer first means you will remove most of it while working with the foundation. For more on this, read the correct order of applying your products here.
2. Use the inverted triangle method when applying this product. The best way to conceal under-eye dark circles while creating a lift on your face is to draw an inverted triangle under your eye.
3. Invest in good quality colour-correcting concealers. Green concealers help counter the redness of pimples while orange concealers aid in hiding the blue caused by bruises and the browns of scars. Yellow tones work in brightening. Dab a little colour concealer depending on the purpose of concealing and then cover it with a concealer that matches your skin tone.
4. So as to look alert, apply a concealer that is two shades lighter than your skin tone near the tear duct in the inner corner of your eye and on your brow bone. Blend this well using your ring finger.
5. Your eyes are a dead giveaway of how tired you are. Heading to a party after a long day at work? Mix equal amounts of concealer, highlighter and eye cream on the back of your palm and start applying from the inner corner of your eyes. Go over and under your eyes blending it outside towards your temples. Tap gently and don’t tug at your skin.
6. If you think you have been a little heavy handed with your concealer, split a tissue into two layers and use one to blot the excess. Dab, don’t rub or you will actually move the concealer around and push it into fine lines thus creasing it.
7. Whether it is eyelining woes or trouble getting the flick of your cat eye right, use concealer to clean up any mistakes. Dip an angled brush in concealer and hide the fatter bits of your winged tip or erroneously-applied eye liner. And don’t forget to read this easy tutorial on flawless cat eye application.
8. Stop your lipstick from bleeding by lining the outside of your lips using some concealer. While your lipliner should be exactly on the edge of your lips, the concealer will be a little on the outside. This trick sharpens and brings out your lip colour like nothing else.
9. Want to create the illusion of plump lips? Apply concealer just outside your lips and blend it into the lips to conceal its natural edges. Using a flesh-coloured lipliner, trace your lips starting just a little outside of your natural edges. You can then fill it in with lipliner or lipstick.
10. Use a concealer that is one shade lighter than your skin tone so as to line the outer edges of your eyebrows (both above and below). Blend this with your fingers. The warmth of our fingers do a better job of blending than a brush would. This trick makes your eyebrows pop.
This CULT Favourite Face Mask Is Like Magic For Oily Skin